I know you’re dying to learn a little bit more about me. A friend of mine posted this on her blog and decided to go ahead and answer them myself, since I was answering them while I was reading her post…
1. Would you rather run a 5k or a marathon?
At this exact moment, a 5k. However, I am going to run a Marathon for my 30th birthday (sometime in the year before I turn 31).
2. Would you rather run in the heat of summer or the icy winter?
This may be a shock to most everyone, but the heat of summer. This winter I have realized I get an extremely sore throat running when it’s too cold. And as much as I hate the heat, I hate having a sore throat even more.
3. Would you rather have new running shoes or a new running outfit?
New running shoes. Even though I have yet to do any running on trails, I would like to get a pair of trail running shoes to do trails at some point.
4. Would you rather run alone or in a group?Alone. I don’t mind running with a friend, but I like to have the time to clear my mind, or just blare the music and let my mind think about nothing!
5. Would you rather run next to someone in a race who tries to talk to you constantly or someone who breathes heavy and grunts?
Someone who tries to talk… a heavy breather would be the end of me. I don’t like to hear people breathing when they are sitting next to me, much less running and grunting as well.
6. Would you rather run a race because of the convenience (location, price, travel) or the swag?
I’ll have to say swag, only because I want to run a race in every state, so the location/travel will have to happen to the majority of the races I will do.
7. Would you rather run a race with a group of friends or by yourself?
I enjoy having friends running the race with me, but not all together. It is nice to know that we are all in the race, but that we just keep our own pace. (I wouldn’t want to slow anyone down.) 😉
8. Would you rather run a PR but result in an injury or finish strong and missing a PR?
Finish strong and miss the PR. I actually did this in the last race I ran. I knew I shouldn’t push myself since I had a week of walking around DC ahead of me. I had decided to back out of the race I was supposed to do on 16 March, due to being sick the night before. I went ahead and ran on 17 March, but didn’t PR because I knew my body was not 100%.
9. Would you rather eat a big meal the night before or a big meal after a race?
Night before. Directly following a race all I want is a Banana and water.
10. Would you rather be chased by a swarm of bees or a pack of dogs?
Bees. I run with my dog every now and then, and it is scary when dogs try to chase us.
Tag! You’re it!
Run to win!